FACULTY OF POLITICAL SCIENCES AND LAW / Call for papers:”The society, the state and law: human rights’ challenges in Albania”
The Faculty of Political Sciences and Law of University “Aleksandër Moisiu” Durrës, in cooperation with Faculty of Law of University “Luarasi”, is proud to announce the organization of the second multidisciplinary international scientific conference “The society, the state and law: human rights’ challenges in Albania”.
The main aim of the conference is to stimulate debate amongst academicians, experts, representatives of national and international organizations, local government authorities and interest groups, etc., in order to present their most important findings for issues, problems, and processes of major interest, which are present in states and in the whole society.
The conference will be focused on the impact of different political, legal, social, economic or cultural factors or events on the promotion or prohibition of human rights. Albania, as other countries of East and Central Europe similarly moved from a command-economy under the communist regime to a democratic regime based on the market economy as a primary step for democratization. The legacy of the communist regime still remains, facing the state, the interest groups and the individuals with many problems that need to be solved. Most importantly, the transition towards democracy is characterized by the enactment of a new legal framework that implies change in the justice’ system of thinking, approaching and acting and in the same time requires a substantial change of the public policies and services.
Taking in consideration the same history of the East European countries in relation with the application of a democratic system and their integration objectives, it will be very helpful to the main aim of the conference the presentation of research papers by researchers and academicians from the East, Southeast and Central Europe, but also to others interested in the region. Thus contrasting and comparing the countries of the region will create opportunities for collaboration and relevant contribution for the effective protection of human rights.
All the interested participants can submit 250-300 word abstracts up to November 30th 2012.. Abstracts will be reviewed and accepted based on their proven quality. All the selected authors will be notified by e-mail in order to send their full paper. The submitted paper is expected to be in accordance with the lines provided in the submitted abstract. All the papers selected for participation should be original and must not have been published elsewhere.
The conference is organized yet by no means restricted to the following panels:
- Historical development of human rights in Albania.
- Human rights and the principle of constitutionality.
- Civil and political rights.
- Property rights.
- Individual freedoms versus public security.
- The role and importance of the Ombudsman, the People’s Advocate and that of nongovernmental organizations, NGO-s in the promotion of human rights.
- European Court of Human Rights.
- Democracy as the regime for the promotion of human rights.
- Major reforms in the states’ justice system.
- Human resource management issues.
- Public administration. Public policies and the antidiscrimination measures.
- Ethics and law.
- Sustainable development.
- Law implementation.
- Corruption as a major obstacle for human rights.
- Criminal law and Cyber-crime.
- Globalization and the development of information technology and their impact on human rights.
- Information society. E-government. E-commerce.
- Challenges of the researches in criminalistics, a need to successfully face the fight against crime.
- The Ottoman legislation in the territory of Arberia (century xv-xx).
- The Albanian traditions of The medieval legal statues
Note: The key speakers and high level officials from the country and abroad are invited to address the conference.
|Abstracts due||November 30th, 2012|
|Notification of acceptance||December 15th, 2012|
|Papers due||February 20th 2013|
|Notification of acceptance||March 5th , 2013|
|Conference date||March 15th - 16th, 2013|
The working language of the conference is Albanian.
Up to 250-300 word abstracts can be submitted to: email@example.com.
Conference Fee: 50 euros per author
Abstract guidelines for authors
Submitted abstracts have to be written according to the following instructions:
- The official language of the Conference is Albanian.
- Abstracts should be written in English.
- Abstracts are to be typed in a Microsoft Word for Windows format, in letter quality type Times New Roman, font size 12, regular style, single-space, alignment justified, margins all 2.5 cm.
- Abstract should contain approximately 250-300 words.
- Abstract should contain a clear indication of the purpose of the research and how it is related to the Conference topic, and the appropriate session, the approach used, the major results, and the implications
Abstracts Critical Requirements:
- Title: The abstract title should be 14 point, Times New Roman, bold.
- Author name: full name of the author (s), institution/affiliation and email address.
- Body: The abstract itself should be in 10 point, not bold, single spaced, Times New Roman, and should be 250-300 words long. The abstract should be fully justified.
- Keywords: There should be 4-5 keywords, in Times New Roman, 10 point, and italicized.
- Format: Abstracts should be submitted in Microsoft Word format (.doc).
Please do not submit in pdf format.
Guidelines for Writing a Paper:
- Papers should be written in Albanian.
- Margins: Margins all 2.5 cm (1”).
- Font Size and Type: 12-pt. Font Times New Roman and 10-pt. for references, appendixes, footnotes, tables, and figures.
- Line Spacing: Single-space throughout the paper, including the title page, abstract, body of the document, references, appendixes, footnotes, tables, and figures.
- Paragraph Indentation: 5 spaces
- Pagination: The page number appears on the top from the right edge of every paper.
- Bibliography: according to the Oxford System of Referencing.
For any question related to the conference, please do not hesitate to write to firstname.lastname@example.org or Universiteti “Aleksandër Moisiu” Durrës, Fakulteti Shkencave Politike-Juridike, L.1, Rr. Currilave, Durrës, Albania.