Master of Science in Business Economics (English)
Program Description of MSc in Business Economics
The Master of Science in Business Economics is one of the most attractive graduation programs as it offers a unique opportunity to study important economic issues. It is an advanced university study program, with a contemporary curriculum to help students prepare for the job market. During the Master studies, students will research and analyze economic issues through data analysis with econometric and statistical models.
During the two-year program, students will learn theories and methods related to subjects such as: Managerial Economics, Economics of Social Issues, International Economics, Economics of Labor Market, Advanced Micro and Macroeconomics, Development Economics, etc. Teaching methods vary depending on the subject and the learning activity. Students are always actively invited to participate in discussions and to contribute to the learning experience in the auditorium. The Master of Science in Business Economics is designed to enable students to analyze and recommend the solution of economic phenomena and processes.
The Master of Science in Business Economics is aimed at recent graduates in bachelor studies who have started their careers or are about to start working, employees with economic profile or other fields, who express willingness and interest in this program in order to advance their career. Its focus is on students who have successfully completed their bachelor studies in this program, but the program is built in such a way as to integrate students of other fields of economics or even students of other profiles.
Why should you study in this program? The main objective of the Master of Science in Business Economics is to disseminate knowledge, develop theoretical and analytical skills of students and provide future experts with the competence and skills required by contemporary economic development and market economy. Furthermore this program aims to prepare students to:
· Understand at a more advanced level the complex economic mechanisms that characterize modern societies;
· Apply theory and methods to a more advanced level for selected areas of economics (eg labor market, public sector, trade or international finance) through independent research.
· Identify, compile, interpret and analyze quantitative and qualitative economic data by expressing the relationships between concepts through graphs, statistical and econometric analysis.
· Have the ability to use arguments in practice, based on economic theory, to be able to formulate recommendations for decision-making in the public and private sector as well as the ability to analyze the effects of policies.
· Transfer expertise in a range of fields of study in economics.
· Transfer competencies in theoretical and empirical terms from the basics to economic policy applications.
· To provide knowledge about the instruments needed to pursue a Doctoral program in Economic Sciences.
Where you can be employed after graduation? The program of Master of Science in Business Economics, aims to train research specialists with a scientific profile of Economics, as a continuation of Bachelor studies. This program, will make students very attractive to the labor market in both the public and private sectors, because there is a great need for specialists within the field of economics. Also, it will qualify them for a wide range of careers within economic consulting, financial sector and graduates can find jobs in state institutions at central and local level, Central Bank, Commercial Banks, Financial Institutions, Institutions of the public and private sector, in governmental or non-governmental organizations that deal with projects in the field of Economics, and also in large, medium and small corporations, etc.