Faculty of Integrated Studies with Practice (FASTIP) was established based on the Decision of Council of Ministers no.827, date 11.06.2008: “Decree on Opening at the University “Aleksandër Moisiu” Durrës, the Faculty of Integrated Studies with Practice (FASTIP) and on the manner of its operation for the provisional period”. According to this Decision, FASTIP has functioned as a faculty of “Aleksandër Moisiu” Unversity Durrës but with an autonomous status.
After this Decision came to its end, the Academic Senate of “Aleksandër Moisiu” Unversity Durrës, in the Decision no.20, date 12.10.2016 decided to adapt this Faculty as one of University’s main units, based on Article 129 of Law No.80/2015, date 22.07.2015 “For Higher Education and Scientific Research at Institutions of Higher Education in the Republic of Albania”.
FASTIP had its academic start in October 2008 with Bank Management study program and Banka Kombëtare Tregtare (BKT), as main partner. The experience of German Professional Academies of Baden-Württemberg (DHBW), has served as basis for FASTIP foundation.
The main characteristic of FASTIP which makes up even its philosophy is: “the integration academic knowledge with professional training directly into to the enterprises (dual education).
After having concluded Bachelor studies at FASTIP, our students gain:
– Bachelor Degree (180 ETCS) issued by “Aleksandër Moisiu” University, Durrës. This degree allows students to attend Master studies in Albania or abroad and gives them open chances to get employed all over the world.
– Job contract signed by the training company.
FASTIP has a number of 235 graduates since its establishment, 99% of which have been immediately hired at their training companies. Company-FASTIP-Student partnership has been growing through years. Despite Banka Kombëtare Tregtare, the main partner for Bank Management students there is Vodafone Albania which supports, trains and finances SME students, and Harmonia Hotels-Group, the training company for students of Hospitality and Tourism Management.
FASTIP functions with three departments:
- Department of Bank Management
- Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Department of Management of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Department
The study programs offered by FASTIP are Bachelor in:
- Bank Management
- Management of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
- Hospitality and Tourism Management